Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Creation of the IQAC :
In pursuance of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines for its action plan for performance evaluation, assessment & accreditation & quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the IQAC of G.P. Women’s College has been established in the college since the 1st cycle of NAAC Assessment in the year 2006. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system & work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement & sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. Th. Jayantakumar, HOD and Associate Professor, Department of Botany was the IQAC Co-ordinator from 2006-2020. At present Dr. M. Suresh Singh, HOD and Associate Professor, Department of Zoology, is the Co-ordinator of IQAC.
Functions of IQAC:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/ activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Dr. M. Suresh
|Name of the Member
|Dr. Rajkumari Tamphasana
|Dr. M. Suresh Singh
|Th. Jayantakumar Singh
|Dr. N. Sanjoy Singh
|Dr. O. Dwijamani Singh
|Dr. K. Indrakumar Singh
|Dr. Md. Baharuddin Shah
|Dr. Sobhana Laishram